In recent times, there has been a growing concern over the deteriorating environment and its impact on human life. As a result, people have started discussing the importance of planting trees in towns and cities. While some believe that this should be the priority, others argue that building more houses is equally important. In my opinion, planting trees is more crucial than constructing more houses.
To begin with, trees play a significant role in maintaining the ecological balance of our planet. They absorb carbon dioxide from the air, which reduces pollution levels and improves air quality. Trees also release oxygen, which is essential for human survival. In addition, they provide shade and help regulate the temperature, which is particularly important in urban areas where the temperature is higher than in rural areas. Therefore, planting more trees will lead to a healthier environment, which is essential for human well-being.
Moreover, trees also have a positive impact on mental health. Research has shown that people who live in areas with more greenery and trees have lower levels of stress and anxiety. Trees have a calming effect on people, and they help improve mental health. Thus, planting more trees in urban areas will have a positive impact on the overall well-being of people.
On the other hand, while building more houses is necessary, it cannot be considered more important than planting trees. In fact, building more houses without considering the environmental impact can have adverse effects. Urbanization has already led to deforestation and destruction of green spaces. This has resulted in higher pollution levels and climate change, which are major concerns for our planet. Therefore, prioritizing tree planting over house building will help reduce the negative impact on the environment.
In conclusion, while building more houses is essential, planting more trees in towns and cities is more important. It is crucial to maintain a balance between development and environment. We need to protect the environment and provide better living conditions for people. Therefore, policymakers should consider this aspect and take necessary steps to promote tree planting and sustainable development.
- Growing concern – increasing worry or anxiety about something
- Deteriorating – becoming worse or less valuable
- Ecological balance – the natural relationship between all living things and their environment
- Absorb – take in or soak up
- Pollution levels – the amount of pollution in the environment
- Air quality – the level of purity of the air
- Release – set free or let go
- Essential – absolutely necessary
- Shade – a space protected from the sun’s direct rays
- Regulate – control or maintain the temperature
- Higher than – greater than
- Well-being – the state of being healthy, happy, and comfortable
- Positive impact – an effect that improves a situation
- Mental health – the state of a person’s psychological and emotional well-being
- Calming effect – soothing or relaxing impact
- Adverse effects – harmful or negative consequences
- Urbanization – the process of making an area more urban or city-like
- Deforestation – the removal of forests
- Destruction – the action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired
- Green spaces – an area of grass, trees, or other vegetation set apart for recreational or aesthetic purposes
- Negative impact – an effect that worsens a situation
- Prioritizing – making something a priority or putting it first
- Sustainable development – development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
- To begin with – used to introduce the first idea or argument in a discussion or presentation
- In addition – used to introduce a further idea, argument, or explanation
- Moreover – used to add information to something that has already been said
- On the other hand – used to introduce an opposing or different idea, argument, or point of view
- In fact – used to emphasize a point or to introduce a fact that supports or strengthens an argument
- Therefore – used to indicate a logical conclusion from what has been said
- In conclusion – used to introduce the final remarks in a discussion or presentation